Leading With Agility
Are you a Leader, or Manager of a team? Maybe an aspiring leader? Or maybe an experienced leader looking for an edge? Then this course is for you. Embrace VUCA and the power of change to help lead and nurture amazing teams capable of amazing feats! It’s all in you! Unleash your potential through your Leadership Agility and personal growth!
Today’s leaders must be able to recognize and respond to dynamic global challenges and opportunities while tapping into the intrinsic power of their employees to deliver industry-leading solutions and services.
These demands require leaders who have a high degree of emotional intelligence, are situationally aware systems thinkers, and have the ability to provide clarity and vision to the people who they serve.
The ICAgile accredited Leading with Agility (ICP-LEA) learning experience is a 6-week program specifically designed to prepare leaders to respond to increasingly turbulent economic, technological, sociological, and market forces as well as global paradigm shifts that require new leadership thinking.
What You Will Practice and Learn with Leading With Agility course:
The path to business agility
Agile Leader styles, key attributes, and mindset
Relationship Agility for engaging today’s workforce
Agile organizational design and culture
Understanding Emotional Intelligence and its impact on Leadership. Included are options for EQ assessments and ongoing coaching to improve
Crafting and Creating High-Performing teams through coaching and listening skills
Leadership 360 assessment and ongoing coaching to help you improve
ICAgile LEADING WITH AGILITY is a 6-week remote leadership intensive designed to greatly enhance your leadership skills while minimally impacting your work schedule. We meet for 6, two-hour sessions online. Between sessions, you will be provided with case studies, reading material, and assignments to aid in your immersion.
The work you put in, in between sessions, is critical to your success in this course, as it will help you build the leadership capabilities needed to advance on your journey.
Timing for weekday sessions is from 12:00 noon to 2:00 pm to minimize work disruptions. In these sessions, we will discuss what you’ve learned from your independent work, engage in group activities to enhance and reinforce the learning, and prepare for the next session.
Your progress is always a click away in our state-of-the-art Learning Management system where you will be provided access to videos, documents, and your assignments to complete. On average, there are anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours of independent work per week, in addition to the 2 hours we spend together in session.
All times listed are Eastern Time (EST)
Leading With Agility course
- Why do organizations need agility? We will explore the role of the leader in today’s changing world and discover the relationships between leadership and Business Agility
- Organizational Capabilities needed in today’s exponential world; a deep dive into organizational structures, with case studies to help uncover unconventional companies and how they thrive
- Personal Agility; what are the skills and characteristics that are important in today’s world. You’ll learn and practice skills in a small group setting, discovering more about your personal leadership style.
- Organizational Agility; continuing from the prior week, an exploration into organizational design
- Enabling a Learning Organization; what does a Learning Organization look like? Why is this important? We’ll explore these topics and create strategies to take them back to your company
- Emotional Intelligence; there are a lot of buzzes lately on the importance of EQ, some go so far as to say it’s more important than IQ. This course includes a complimentary EQ assessment and we use that to help determine areas of improvement
- Leadership Development; we explore development models, focusing on brain-based research that shows how adults learn best. The outcome is a better understanding of what makes you tick, and how you can set yourself up for success.
- Team Development; a leader’s main role is to build high-performing teams. We discuss strategies that make for this to happen and provide you with tools and a blueprint to apply in your context
- We explore and practice giving and receiving feedback, a crucial part of leadership.
- We also focus on the art of storytelling, from the context of a leader using storytelling to deliver powerful messaging
- Change Management – what does it take to implement change? How can you as a leader be more successful both as a change participant, and a change catalyst? These are questions we cover in this module
- Tying it all together; you build your leadership action plan through an open-space type activity with your peers in this class
What You Get – Leading With Agility
The ICP-LEA, Leading with Agility certification from ICAgile, the world’s premier agile accreditation consortium.
You also get free and forever membership in the Agile Meridian private Slack forum dedicated to our alumni. Here, you can collaborate with your class attendees and continue to learn and grow from your peers and your facilitators from Agile Meridian.
To facilitate this event, we will be using Zoom for live, online sessions; Mural for collaboration, and Slack for asynchronous communication of course announcements, homework, etc. Equivalent tools may be substituted at our discretion.